My Reality

My poem is about being a black teen male in America. My inspiration for the poem is the Black Lives Matter movement. The theme of my poem is to be careful when encountering the law because they are looking for a reason.  

My color, my negro spirit, and my culture seems to be a target for these ruthless cops We shouldn’t have to fear for our life every siren heard

Or flashy blue and red lights seen

Is the grass really greener on the other side? Is our nation really advocating black pride? Or more like blue on black crime?

Looking at the news at night time Hearing about another life lost

Dang, what was the reason this time?

My heart goes out to my mom who fear losing her first born Or her innocent black son as I should say

These people don’t care about us, it’s clear as day

Our mind can never be full

It’s our everlasting tool

That we could use to make the man who lacks pride feel like a fool

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apostronomical

Almost that time...

Getting Ready